Most Popular Searches
Easter Holidays at Great Prices
Get into the spring of things this Easter and treat yourself to a splash of sunshine in one of our top destinations, with a variety of hotel stays for superb prices. Whether it’s the Canary Islands, Algarve or Majorca, we've got a wide range of cheap beachfront resorts, central bed and breakfasts, all inclusive hotels and family-friendly accommodations to suit everyone this season. Whisk the kids away to short haul sands during Easter school holidays 2019, or simply spend a long weekend with a loved one in one of our exciting city destinations such as Paris, Prague or Croatia.
Top Easter Holidays
Why Book With Teletext Holidays?
Travel with Teletext Holidays this Easter for great-value deals on beach and city destinations across the world. Make great savings on solo, family and couples holidays with a wide range of board basis options to suit everyone, including adult-only hotels, blissful beachfront resorts, luxury all inclusive hotels and self-catering accommodations, all with great deals to match. Plus, all of our hotels and flights are TOPP protected to ensure your holiday details are as safe as can be.
Top reasons to book Easter holidays
- Take advantage of the Easter public holiday: Easter is a public holiday in most of Europe, and if you’re lucky, it may just fall before or after a weekend. Easter in 2019 falls on a Sunday, so if you’re looking for a short-haul break in a sunny shore, leave Friday evening and return feeling refreshed on Monday.
- Discover cultures across the Continent: Easter is celebrated in many different ways across other countries and cultures, so travelling at this time of year is a great way to learn about it – especially if you've got the kids in tow!
- Take advantage of off-peak prices: Take advantage of great off-peak prices and plan ahead to secure the best deals for Easter holidays 2019. We're talking golden beaches, inspiring city breaks, great cuisine and a healthy dose of culture thrown in too.
- Festival time! Discover festivals and traditions that take place in some of your favourite destinations, whether it's watching the Pope's speech in Italy, chocolate tasting and open services in Paris, or Holy parades in Spain...all sure to get you in the spirit.
- A quieter time to hit the beach: Easter is when the beaches are quieter with most of the peak holiday season tourists away, so you and your family can enjoy some quiet and quality beach time - bliss.
Top destinations for Easter holidays
Climb the cliffs at Ponta da Piedade in Lagos, go on day trips to remote beaches, caves and islands in Alfanzina or simply explore the pretty coastal towns on foot, the Algarve has so much to offer. While there, do check out the Ria Formosa natural park in all its springtime beauty.
Do check out the Playa del Cofete, a 12km expanse of virgin beach that you can explore to your heart’s content. Fuerteventura is also a surfing and windsurfing haven, and thanks to its year-round temperatures you can take the plunge whenever you fancy.
Costa Blanca is crowned for having some of the finest beaches in Spain. Take your family to play and swim on the rolling sands of Benidorm or make a splash at the fun-filled Aqualandia water park for unadulterated fun.
There are more treasures to the Dominican Republic than meets the eye. This Caribbean island serves up miles of powdery soft beaches, swaying palms and a buzzing Creole culture. But beyond the idyllic beaches and luxury resorts, there are rich cultural towns, lush rainforests, and gorgeous waterfalls to uncover.
Enticing Morocco is a fantastic destination to visit during the Easter holidays, thanks to its diverse cities and squares, plus perfect temperatures. Explore the awe-inspiring blue streets of Chefchaouen, Marrakech's colourful city and Agadir's sun-soaked beaches – you'll never be short for things to do in this melting pot of culture.
While Malta and Gozo beaches are renowned for their beauty, there are plenty of Blue Flag and lesser-known beaches like Ghajn Tuffieha, Golden Bay and Mellieha Bay, where you can spread your towel out for a blissful tan.
Our Easter holidays FAQs
How long are the Easter holidays?
Good Friday marks the beginning of the UK's Easter weekend on March 30th and continues until Monday April 2nd. Owing for some regional differences, the 2019 Easter school holiday period runs for 2 weeks between 26th March to 13th April.
Which days are public holidays over Easter?
Good Friday on 30th March, Easter Sunday on April 1st and Easter Monday on April 2nd are public holidays in the UK.
Where should i go on an Easter holiday?
Head to sunnier climes to get away from that occasionally unpredictable springtime weather, such as Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands, or perhaps get out an explore with an activity-filled European city break full of adventure!
Does Easter fall on another date in parts of Europe?
Yes, the Easter tradition is celebrated differently according to location and culture. For instance, Easter in Greece is celebrated according to the Julian calendar and falls on a different date than UK - so it's best to double check before you travel if you want to catch the celebrations!
Why is Easter ideal for a family holiday?
Easter falls around a long 'four-day weekend', meaning you need to take fewer days of annual work leave to make it a full week's holiday. Since schools and offices close for Easter, this is a great opportunity to enjoy a fun-filled vacation and spend some quality time with family and friends.