This idyllic 4-star hotel located in the Garrison Historic Area, Christchurch, is a top pick for families and couples. Sugar Bay Barbados has a total of 138 bedrooms available for its guests, in the form of Signature Rooms, Family Rooms and Oceanfront Rooms.
A variety of on-site recreation activities and facilities are available to ensure a quality stay is had by all - make a splash in the hotel’s swimming pools, stay active in the fully-equipped fitness centre or, if you’re seeking a moment of relaxation, head to the Karma Spa. This family-friendly resort has a creche, kids’ club facilities and a teen clubhouse for older kids to enjoy too. Since this hotel is on the beachfront, guests can flit between the sands (brimming with exciting watersport activities) and the poolside sun-loungers as you please. Gastronomy lovers will be spoilt for choice thanks to the variety of bars and eateries available on-site, from fine-dine Caribbean cuisine to causal snacks by the sand. Bridgetown can be reached in less than 2 miles and buzzing St. Lawrence’s Gap is just 4.8km away for those after a taste of true Barbados.
Sugar Bay is located in Bridgetown in the Christchurch division of Barbados. With its close proximity to George Washington House (900m) and Savannah Garrison (750m), Sugar Bay provides a perfect setting for tourists wanting to explore the place. The nearest beach is the Drill Hall beach, at a distance of 800m from the hotel. The Barbados airport is located at 15km from the hotel.
Guests can choose between Signature Rooms, Family Rooms and Oceanfront Rooms during their stay at Sugar Bay Barbados. Each of the rooms are equipped with modern facilities such as a WiFi connection, air conditioning, flat-screen televisions and complimentary toiletries.
Food and Drink
Sugar Bay provides a great selection of gastronomic delights at its in-house restaurants and bars. The Reef is a gorgeous beachfront restaurant which specializes in international cuisine. The restaurant provides breakfast, lunch and dinner and is open all throughout the week. Then there is Colin’s Bar and Grill, which serves only lunch. The Sizzle Steakhouse offers steaks and is open only for dinner. The Lazy Mongoose Pub is an on-site pub which is famous for its cocktails - we’ll take the rum!
Sports, Games and Entertainment
Sugar Bay offers an outdoor swimming pool and a host of wellness activities such as massages, a fitness centre and relaxing spa treatments. The Drill beach is nearby and a visit the Brownes beach, at a distance of 2. km is sure to guarantee plenty of white sand and swimming.
Check-out: 12 noon
Pets are not allowed.
Visa and Euro MasterCard are accepted at the hotel
Distance to the Drill Hall beach: 800m
Distance to the Grantley Adams International Airport:14.5km
Distance to the Brownes beach: 2.2km
Please Note :
The rate of room rate levy is increasing for all guests from April 1st 2019. The levy will continue to be collected locally but please do update your systems accordingly. All arrivals and in house guests from April 1st will be charged this higher rate of levy.
The rate for Sugar Bay Barbados is increasing to US$9.63/Bds to $11 per bedroom per night
As the situation is rapidly evolving, we would like to inform you of the following measures and modified policies that have been implemented to support our guests and partners in this trying time.
● We have placed additional hand sanitizer dispensers around restaurants and public areas.
● All hotels have adopted CDC procedures detailing how to protect against transmission of the
● Our staff have been informed of CDC guidelines regarding cleanliness and have implemented said guidelines.
● We have significantly enhanced cleaning protocols in place. In addition to regular daily cleaning, emphasis has been placed on high traffic areas with special attention being paid to door handles, elevator buttons, handrails and frequently used surface areas and equipment.
● Additional team members have been added to increase service in our Buffet Rooms and reduce any cross contamination due the the number of persons using the utensils as they self serve.
● In room/ suite cleaning schedules have been enhanced to include recommended cleaners and disinfectants by WHO.