The following Booking Conditions form the basis of your relationship with Truly Travel (IRE) Ltd of 3rd Floor, Royal House, 5 Vine Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1QE trading as Teletext Holidays www.teletextholidays.ie. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. References to "you" and "your" in these Booking Conditions mean all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them. "We" "us" and "our" means Truly Travel Ltd trading as Teletext Holidays/www.teletextholidays.ie. References to "arrangements" and "service" are to the flights, accommodation, transfers and car hire featured on our websites.
We act as agent for all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf (except for certain low cost airlines where we act as your agent - see clause 1) ("principal(s)") When you make a booking, your contract will be with the principal concerned. If you book more than one service (such as a hotel stay plus airport transfers or a flight plus hotel stay), you will enter into a separate contract with each principal. If you book more than one service at the same time, the price payable for those services may, for convenience only, be charged to you as an arithmetical total. No "package" is created by us and we are not the organiser of any "package" as defined in the Package Holidays and Travel Trade Act, 1995.
As an agent, we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of any principal or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors or for the services provided by any principal. The terms & conditions of the principal who provides your confirmed arrangements will also apply to your booking. These are available on request and we advise you to read them carefully as they do contain important information about your booking and may limit or exclude the principal's liability to you. These booking conditions apply to all types of booking made with us except where otherwise specifically stated.
NB Where you have provided us with an e-mail address by which we can contact you (for example to send you an e-ticket etc) you must check your e-mails on a regular basis. You must ensure that the e-mail address you have provided us with is correct and does not contain any typos or other errors and inform us of any changes.
- Low cost airlines: For most flights operated by low cost airlines, we will make full payment at the time of booking direct to the airline using your credit or debit card. The payment will be processed by the airline who will then issue you with a confirmed ticket immediately upon receipt of payment, which we will forward on to you. However, except as set out in clause 20, our obligations are limited to making your booking with the airline and passing on to you the confirmed ticket which we receive. We will have no liability for the performance or nonperformance of the flight or any other services provided by the airline or for the acts and/or defaults of the airline or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors.
- Your Financial Protection: Teletext Holidays/www.teletextholidays.ie holds a Travel Agent’s Licence Number TA0771 issued by the Commission for Aviation Regulation and as a requirement have arranged an approved secured bond. This means that when you book a flight or a flight together with other travel services with us, you can be entirely confident that in the unlikely event of our insolvency before or during your travel, any money you have paid to us is fully secured, and if you are overseas, that full arrangements will be made to repatriate you at the end of your trip
- Split/Connecting Flights: Please note that where you have connecting flights on one booking, or where you have different carriers or locators (bookings) for your outward and return flights, cancellation or refund of one flight may not necessarily result in cancellation/refund of the other flights on your booking. Since we only act as an agent in the sale of flights, you will need to contact the airlines concerned for further information if you're concerned about this.
- Payment: In relation to certain bookings a charge will be made for our own administration. There are no debit or credit card charges. This amount will be taken on the total cost of the holiday or travel arrangements and will be advised to you at the time of booking. You will be required to make full/part payment of your booking at the time of booking as required by the principal. You must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the Principal, who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their terms and conditions.
- Low deposit: With our low deposit, you can book ahead and secure your perfect holiday from as little as €49 per person. Please note the low deposit scheme is only available on certain holidays. There are no debit or credit card fees. Please check with the sales team for more details.
- Amendments by You: An amendment request will only normally be accepted by the Travel Provider up to and including 7 days prior to travel. Amendments closer to departure may be possible however this will need to be confirmed with the Travel Provider on a case by case basis. In addition your amendment request will be subject to the terms outlined below. Please note that some amendments involve rebooking at current prices in which case any costs due to fluctuating prices and availability will be chargeable in addition to the standard charges outlined. All amendment requests must be made directly to Teletext Holidays in writing or by using 'My Account' online. We will do our utmost to accommodate your amendment requests but it may not always be possible. Any requests for amendments must be made in writing from the person who made the booking. Amendments can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Supplier/Principal. We will charge an administration fee of €30 per person and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. Please note that certain travel arrangements may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any amendment request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements. If amendments are required within 12 weeks of departure cancellation charges may apply in addition to an administration charge of up to €50 per person, charged by the Supplier/Principal in addition to our own administration charge and costs. Note: Most scheduled airlines do not allow changes, and therefore full cancellation charges will usually apply. Most 'no frills' airlines have cancellation charges of 100% from time of booking.
Cancellations by You: Any cancellation request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. Cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the principal. If you cancel your booking, the principal may charge the cancellation charges outlined in their terms and conditions (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements) along with our administration fee of €30 per person.
Most of principals adopt the following cancellation charges policy:
More than 84 days:
57-84 days : 30% or deposit whichever is greater.
29-56 days : 50%.
22-28 days : 75%.
8-21 days : 90%.
Within 7 days of departure : 100%.
Non-refundable rooms cancelled will incur a 100% charge from the time of booking along with our administration fee of €30 per person.
If a principal's policy differs from the above you will be informed that the time of cancelling. Note: For flight bookings with all low cost airlines, the cancellation charges will be 100%. Bookings that include Scheduled flights may incur different cancellation charges as per their booking conditions.
- Changes & Cancellations by the principal: Sometimes your principal may need to make a change to your booking. If you have already booked we will let you know as soon as we can, if there is time before your departure but we shall have no further liability to you. In the unlikely event that your accommodation provider has to make a significant change to your booking, they will offer you the option of accepting the change or cancelling the booking and receiving the full refund of all monies paid to us for the accommodation booking. We do not accept responsibility for any expenses or costs incurred by you as a result of any change by a principal. All bookings made are separate, independent and unconnected bookings with each of the principals concerned, for whom we act solely as agent, even where more than one service is requested and arranged at the same time. Where your principal makes a change or cancellation to a booking, this does not affect any booking you have with another principal even where that booking relates to services for the same holiday. For example, if your accommodation booking is changed or cancelled by your principal, you will only be able to change or cancel any other services in accordance with the booking conditions of the principal providing those services.
- Insurance: You are strongly advised that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses, and some principals require you to do so. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (eg. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
- Health advice: You are advised to contact your GP as soon as possible for up to date health advice and information for the destination you are travelling to. Certain vaccinations may be recommended but not compulsory and other health precautions may need to be taken to avoid any medical problems during your trip. It is your responsibility to act upon the advice given as the principal would not be liable for any such occurrences regarding health advice. Please check the Health office orders issued by the relevant country of travel
- Passports & Visas: All information provided relates to Irish citizens who hold or are entitled to apply for an Irish passport. If you are not an Irish citizen and do not hold an Irish passport, you must make your own enquiries as to the applicable requirements. All customers (including children) who make a booking are required to hold a current 10 year passport. We will not be held responsible for any loss or delay that may occur as a result of the passport or visa not being produced for travel. The carriage of passengers and their baggage is subject to provisions of the applicable international conventions such as the Montreal Convention, national legislation and the carrier’s conditions of carriage. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your sole responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant embassies and/or consulates of the countries through or to which you are planning to travel. Requirements may change so you must check the up to date position in good time before departure. Neither we nor any principal accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type.
- Local taxes & Resort fees: The governments in some countries have introduced local taxes such as city, tourist, departure tax and resort fees which are payable locally at either the hotel or airport upon arrival/departure. Please note it is not possible to pay these fees/taxes in advance. For more information please visit our FAQ section on our website http://www.teletextholidays.ie/faq
- Price Policy: The price of your arrangements will be confirmed to you at the time of making the booking. It is up to you to check these details carefully and confirm you are happy with them. We will also send you an invoice confirming your payment details and will contact you if there are any discrepancies in the pricing.
- Delivery of documents: All documents (eg. invoices/tickets/Insurance policies) will be sent to you by e-mail. Once documents are sent to you we will not be responsible for non receipt unless such loss is due to our negligence. If you request your documents to be sent to you by post you may incur a postal charge which will be advised to you at the time of booking.
- Who can buy holidays from us?: For the majority of our holidays we can only accept bookings from Irish residents aged 18 years or over and there must be at least one adult (18 years or over) traveling on any one booking. Some tour operators do allow 17 year olds to travel but they will need a letter of consent from a parent / guardian.
- Final Travel Arrangements: Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
- Accommodation/Hotel Classifications & Star Ratings: All star ratings and classifications are supplier's own ratings and are usually based on the facilities available along with feedback received. Official ratings which may differ from supplier's ratings and are given by the local Tourism Authorities in the relevant country, and may not reflect the same standards as in Ireland, as different countries have different qualifying standards. For example a four star hotel may not necessarily have the same facilities/standards as a four star in Ireland, and cannot therefore be compared. For self-catering properties, an 'A' class is not necessarily of a higher quality than a 'C', our suppliers quote these classifications only to comply with current legislation. When choosing your arrangements, please refer to the information in the principal's descriptions, which indicate facilities available at each property.
- Special requests and medical conditions/disabilities: If you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavor to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant principal, no guarantee that any request will be met can be given. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the principal or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability. If you or any member of your party has any medical condition or disability which may affect your accommodation or flight or has any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you make your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the arrangements and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your arrangements develops after your booking has been confirmed.
- Complaints: Because the contract for your arrangements is between you and the supplier, any queries or concerns should be addressed to them. If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (eg. Hotel) immediately who will endeavor to put things right. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the supplier to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result. If you wish to complain when you return home, please write to us within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Relations Department, 3rd Floor, Royal House, 5 Vine Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1QE giving your original booking reference number and all other relevant information. Complaints received after 28 days will not be accepted. NB please bear in mind that we act only as agent for the principal(s) concerned and therefore cannot accept any liability for your arrangements. Any assistance provided in resolving a complaint in relation to any arrangements is provided on a goodwill basis and in our capacity as agent only.
- Our responsibility for your booking: Your contract is with the principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the commission we earn on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
- Force Majeure: Neither we nor any principal accepts any responsibility for, and shall not be liable in respect of, loss or damage or changes or cancellation caused by "force majeure" events i.e. circumstances outside our / the principal's control, including but not limited to (whether actual or threatened) war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions.
- Behaviour: You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the principal(s) concerned. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party's full legal costs) as a result of your actions. Principals reserve the right at any time to terminate your arrangements due to your behaviour, where justified in their reasonable opinion. No refunds will be given. Furthermore, neither the principals nor we shall be under any obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of your stay/transfer being terminated.
- Room Allocation: On arrival at the accommodation, you will be allocated a room. Please note: when checking-in after midnight, your room will be reserved from the previous day. You must normally check out of your room at 11:00hrs on the booking departure date, unless otherwise stated on the accommodation voucher issued by us.
Website and Pricing details: Please note, the information and prices shown on our websites may have changed by the time you come to book your arrangements. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the website and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen arrangements (including the price) with us at the time of booking. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and its description. Occasionally, local conditions may mean that some facilities or services become unavailable or subject to restriction. In addition to this, please be aware that advertised facilities within your hotel and around the resort may not be fully functional in early and late season. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions. We cannot accept responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about any accommodation or its facilities and/or services, except in the case of our negligence.
All images of hotel rooms on the website are for representation purposes only and may not reflect the actual room you are allocated. From time to time building work and its associated noise is unavoidable in resort. We do not control such work and we do not always receive advance notice of when it is scheduled. However we will always notify you as soon as possible if we think building work will affect your holiday enjoyment.
- Customer Testimonials: Where you send us testimonials, reviews, comments or other such material ("the materials") relating to your arrangements with us, you agree that we are permitted to publish these materials, or extracts of these materials on our website, marketing material or otherwise as we see fit. You disclaim any proprietary or other rights you may have in the materials, and agree that such materials can be freely used by us for any reason whatsoever, without your further permission. Please note that we will not publish your full name, address or contact details on our website and this shall remain confidential at all times.
- Links to third-party sites: This Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties, such as TripAdvisor. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
- TripAdvisor Reviews and Ratings: TripAdvisor Reviews and Ratings content is provided by our partner TripAdvisor. The reviews are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and not TripAdvisor LLC, they are shown on teletextholidays.ie 'as is' and are not filtered. We accept no responsibility for content provided by TripAdvisor.
- Safety Standards: Please note, it is the requirements and standards of the country in which any services which make up your holiday are provided which apply to those services and not those of IRL. As a general rule, these requirements and standards will not be the same as IRL and may sometimes be lower.
- Errors and Omissions: We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally this may result in a price, product or other service detail description being incorrect. In such cases we reserve the right to cancel the booking or offer a reasonable alternative.
- Excursions/activities: We do not sell excursions or organize activities. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are neither run, supervised nor controlled in any way by us. They are provided by local operators or other third parties who are entirely independent of us. We do not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for anything which may go wrong on a resort booked excursion and cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions.
- Assignment: You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these booking conditions without our prior written consent. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without your prior written consent.
- Law and Jurisdiction: Your contract(s) with the Supplier/Principal(s) will be subject to the law referred to in the Supplier/Principal(’s) terms and conditions. Any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between you and any Supplier/Principal must also be dealt with in accordance with those terms and conditions. In the event that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description arises between you and us acting in our capacity as agent (“claim”), English law will apply (except as set out below). Any such claim must be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales only unless, in the case of Court proceedings, you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. In this case, proceedings must either be brought in the courts of your home country or those of England and Wales. If proceedings are brought in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, you may choose to have your claim governed by the law of Scotland/Northern Ireland/the Republic of Ireland as applicable (but if you do not so choose, English law will apply).